Where do I begin…….
* Introduce yourself to other bloggers. You are establishing long-term relationships with these people. –Jenny, LGN
* Scratch the itch or your readers will go elsewhere. -Jenny, LGN
* Remember what Inspired you originally! – Jenny, LGN
* Disclosure is very very very important. You now have to let people know anytime you are writing a post that someone is paying you to write or if you’ve been given a product for review. Basically just be honest with your readers. And if you are given anything that is worth over $100 you have to claim it for taxes.
* You HAVE to credit sources.
* Be kind and generous, it comes back to you. -swiss miss (I seriously believe in this principle!)
* When it comes to advertisers test the waters first. You’ll come to know what your value is worth over time. I think this is so true. Wait till you have a good following before you introduce sponsors to your blog. It’s better for everyone.
* Do not use the comment section of other bloggers to promote your site or products. Use it build friendships and community.
* Spend at least 30 min. a day commenting on people’s blogs. And make your comments smart.
*Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday are the busiest blog traffic days.
* My favorite was, “You cannot build your blog in a vacuum!”. – a practical wedding You can’t just expect to gain readers unless you are actively seeking them and getting to know them.
* Get a Website
* Have at Least 3 Projects Photographed for my Portfolio
* Re-do my Blog Design or at Least Clean it up a Little
* Post more Original Ideas
* Get to Know More Bloggers. Especially the Local Ones.
* Re-do my Advertising Strategy
* Comment on Your Blogs More
* Finish My Master Bedroom! (okay I know that has nothing to do with my business or blog but it really needs help).
It can definitely get discouraging at times to think of how far I have to go and how GIANT some blogs are. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE blogging and I am so happy to get to share it with all of you. And if you are thinking of starting a blog but are a little scared here is a quote shared at AlT that I love: