I love thinking of unique ways to upgrade something basic and turn it into something custom and special. When it comes to window treatments a small customization can go a long way. I’ve rounded up some of my favorite ideas to take your window treatments to a whole new level!
1. Another take on the striped curtain is to do it with smaller stripes. I really like how these stripes are spaced far apart and kept really thin. It seems like you could create this look with some Ikea curtains
2. I love the way this roman shade is trimmed. It’s a fun idea to keep the valance and the trim the same.
Miles Redd for House Beautiful
3. I think adding a color block to plain white curtains makes them extra dramatic!
4. This idea takes the bottom banded color look to a new level! By adding a thinner separate band it breaks up the bottom color and the white curtains.
5. I am so blow away by this scalloped detail in a contrasting color on these window treatments. If you look closer you can see the scallop was even trimmed out in another color. I love attention to detail like that.
Photo by Laurey W. Glenn for Southern Living magazine
6. Who doesn’t love a good grey key trim
! You could add it in any color to a pair of white curtains and get a luxe look!
7. This curtain concept is really interesting. It looks like they did a sheer up top and maybe a silk for the rest.
8. I think we’ve seen that you can add color stripes any which way on curtains and it always looks fabulous! I like this idea of adding the bands of color to the top and bottom.
9. I think the unique shape of these roman shades makes them so beautiful and I love how they are trimmed out in red to add even more drama!
10. Although you don’t often see the lining I think it’s a fun idea to add a bright color for a little wow factor.
11. We’ve seen stripes all the way up a panel but this take on the striped curtain is really unique! What a good idea to just do stripes on the lower half of the panels.
12. A great pattern can really be enhanced by a dramatic color. The red on these shades totally pops off of that floral fabric.
13. I thought the idea of adding a ruffle hem to the bottom of a curtain panel was genius! How sweet would this be in a nursery.
14. It looks like these sophisticated roman shades got a little dose of fun with a pink ribbon fringe.