Hi, I’m Sarah and I’m a graphic designer who loves creating things. My blog, Sarah Hearts, is where I celebrate all things lovely because I believe so much joy can be found in the little details of life.
I have another great printable and DIY idea for you Mom today from Sarah. She has come up with the most adorable planter idea for Mother’s day. The printable can easily wrap around your planter and really personalize your gift!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Mother’s Day is just a couple weeks away and like many of us, I want to show my mom
how much I appreciate her. If you’ve already given your mom flowers, bath products,
and chocolate in Mother’s Days past, here’s a new idea—gift your mom a potted plant in
a festive, up-cycled container!
All you need to do is download and print out the label of your choice then follow these
• Small house plant (I choose this succulent because they require virtually no upkeep
and do great indoors)
• Metal tin (I used a metal tin that a cookie mix came in, you can also use any type of
metal can or you can purchase a similar metal tin)
• Drill and large bit or a hammer and nail
• Handful of large rocks, used for drainage
• Potting soil
• Printable Mother’s Day labels (download below)
• Scissors or paper cutter
• Double-stick tape
1. Gather all the above supplies.
2. Drill a hole in the bottom of the tin to allow for drainage. If you don’t have a drill, you
can also use a large nail and a hammer to punch a hole.
3. Place some large rocks in the bottom of the tin.
4. Add the potting soil to the tin. Remove the plant of the container it came in and place
it in the tin. Add some more potting soil around the plant.
5. Print out the label of your choice and use scissors or a paper cutter to cut it out. If
necessary, trim it to fit the metal tin. Use double-stick tape to adhere the label to the
metal tin. Now you’re ready to give it to mom!
Download the Mothersday Plant Labels